Students who pursue the Latin major read a wide variety of authors and can expect to achieve a high level of competency in the ancient language of the Romans. Coursework includes such favorites as Vergil, Ovid, Cicero, Julius Caesar, and Catullus, but students can expect to be able to read other authors like the historians (Livy, Sallust, and Tacitus) and genres like lyric, satire, and drama.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
While many students have a difficult time believing it, a humanities major such as ours enables students who complete it to consider just about any type of career or educational pursuit. Our coursework builds the critical thinking and communication skills needed to succeed in careers ranging from politics and education to business and law.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
HONORS IN THE MAJOR REQUIREMENTS
To earn Honors in the Major, students must satisfy both the requirements for the major (above) and the following additional requirements:
- Earn a 3.300 University GPA
- Earn a 3.500 in all major courses at the Intermediate or Advanced level
- Complete CLASSICS 591
- Complete a two-semester Senior Honors Thesis in CLASSICS 681 and CLASSICS 682, for a total of 6 credits.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD