Master of Medical Biotechnology (Extension)
The Master of Medical Biotechnology (Extension) is for two distinct groups of students, namely the professional scientists wishing to update their industry-related skills for career advancement and students considering a research degree.
The compulsory core subjects are relevant to all science disciplines and provide a backbone of skills important to a professional scientist; be they engaged in research, science businesses, industries or government organisations. These are the skills of communication, critical analysis, project management and innovation and commercialisation. These are complemented by professional stream choices which enable students to select a portfolio of skills relevant to their chosen career. The professional strand is complemented by medical biotechnology study. Students may have the option of undertaking a small research project, subject to approval by the faculty. For students with suitable achievement levels, an opportunity to undertake a more substantial research project is available by transferring into the Master of Philosophy in Medical Biotechnology (C04389). For those considering a research degree, the Master of Philosophy in Medical Biotechnology provides a pathway to a PhD.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
All graduates have training in the professional attributes that employers seek. The skills learnt expand career horizons and enhance prospects for promotion in the rapidly evolving science professions. Graduates may also proceed to a career in research by transferring into the Master of Philosophy in Medical Biotechnology (C04389) as a pathway to a PhD.
Graduates of this course are well prepared for careers in medical device and biotechnology companies, government policy and regulation, hospitals, and research organisations where the ability to combine biology and biotechnology to solve medical problems is required.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Entry into the course requires a bachelor's, master's, graduate diploma, or graduate certificate qualification in biochemistry and cell biology, microbiology, human biology, genetics, laboratory technology, medical science, food science and biotechnology, or pharmacology.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 098056G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Mathematics and Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Indigenous Health (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech and Language Sciences (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Transdisciplinary Innovation (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Speech Pathology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Philosophy in Medical Biotechnology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)