Bachelor of Business Management
Deliver organizational success
Business leaders have a vision. They take responsibility and tackle challenges. They devise solutions, drive progress and unite people to pursue common goals.
What will you do?
Our Bachelor of Business Management fast-tracks your self-confidence and initiative, priming you for leadership in today’s business world. You will:
- learn to effectively manage people, resources and projects
- explore business finance and commercial law
- study strategic planning and the science of decision-making
- consider client relations, ethics and the role of technology
- build real-world skills through internships, industry projects, and entrepreneurial challenges.
- We also encourage learning in a wide range of specialized areas, adding diverse skills to your resume.
Where could it take you?
You could plan sales strategies for a video gaming enterprise or negotiate cross-border trade deals. You might design, launch and lead your own space travel start-up. Perhaps you’ll keep a gourmet coffee franchise on track or protect company data in a cybersecurity role.
The campus provides a mix of the historical and contemporary, combining old sandstone buildings with state-of-the-art teaching, learning and research facilities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are three key steps you will need to take when addressing the selection criteria in any University of Adelaide job application:
- Create a new document. Your statement addressing the position’s specified selection criteria should be separate from your cover letter and resume.
- List each criterion separately. Give each a title, using exactly the same wording as appears on the Position Description (e.g. Excellent verbal communication skills).
- Address each criterion. Under each heading, write two short paragraphs explaining how your experience, skills, education and training equip you to meet that specific requirement. Dot points are also acceptable.
Please note that failing to submit a statement addressing the selection criteria could result in your application not being considered.
Some helpful writing tips
There are a number of steps you can take when putting together your responses to increase their clarity and impact.
- Give details of one or two specific things you’ve done that are good examples of the relevant experience or knowledge required. For example: ‘I was responsible for organising an event attended by… This involved…'
- Preface these examples with a short overview that shows you appreciate the relevance of the specific criterion.
- Quantify your experience (number of years worked, staff supervised, etc.). For example: ‘I delivered a presentation to an industry forum with an audience of 80 people.’
- Where possible, indicate how successfully you meet the criterion. You could do this by referring to feedback from others, or things you've set up that are still being used. For example: ‘A report I wrote about… was endorsed by the… Committee and circulated to all stakeholders for discussion.
You could also consider using the STAR method as a structural framework when describing examples of your work. This involves describing, in the order listed here, the:
- situation you faced
- task required, and desired outcome
- action you took to complete the task
- results you achieved, and lessons you learned.
Unlike many traditional business management degrees that purely focus on the technical skills, our Bachelor of Business Management not only delivers to students the deep discipline knowledge that global business people demand, but also complements this knowledge with soft skills such as critical thinking and collaboration techniques that will allow them to use their business knowledge within the work place.
With the rise of AI, it will be the students who will be able to translate their technical knowledge to a wide audience that will be in sharp demand.
Manager / Business Management, Business Analyst, Business Management, Business Manager, Retail Manager
The additional year of post study work rights is not available to international students studying in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Bachelor Degree or Masters by Coursework Degree - 2 years - 3 years (Adelaide)
Masters by Research - 3 years - 4 years (Adelaide)
PhD qualification - 4 years - 5 years (Adelaide)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
ISC & CBSE [India] 70%
All India Senior Secondary Certificate (CBSE, New Delhi), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu State Board Examination and Telangana State Board Examination.
Best three subjects, excluding language and non-academic subjects.
You must have completed at least one year at your home institution, however you are able to apply following one semester
You must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.5 out of 4.0 on the US scale or equivalent
You must meet the English Language requirements
IELTS - Overall band score of at least 6.5 Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening 6.0
TOEFL (paper based) - Total score of 577, Test of Written English (TWE) 4.5
TOEFL (internet based) - Total score of 79 Writing 21 Speaking 18 Reading and Listening 13
Pearson Test of English - Overall score of 58, Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening 50
Cambridge C1 Advanced (formerly known as Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)) - Overall score of 176 Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening 169
- Course Code: 097906M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Corporate Finance - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Commerce - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Accounting and Corporate Finance - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Accounting - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Finance at The University of Adelaide
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Environmental Policy and Management at The University of Adelaide