Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Mathematics
Civil engineering. A firm foundation for your career.
At the University of Newcastle we educate our engineers to meet the global challenges of the future. You'll learn to engineer energy-efficient buildings using the latest nano-materials and, help develop sustainable and resilient infrastructure in developing countries. Perhaps your study will lead you to design Australia’s first high-speed train network to connect communities and reduce carbon emissions. Your degree could even build a revolutionary water recycling plant to tackle water security issues.
What is civil engineering? Civil engineers are responsible for the physical infrastructure that enables modern societies to function. As a civil engineering student you will study buildings, highways and railways, tunnels, airports, power generation facilities and harbour facilities. Your courses will focus on preparing you to design, build and manage these structures as a fully qualified civil engineer.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Civil engineers work for construction companies, consulting firms, project management companies, transport companies and governments. You could specialise in:
- structural engineering - design buildings, bridges, airports, railways, and towers, and the suitability of materials for infrastructure projects
- water engineering - design and manage water supply, control and treatment systems
- transport and traffic engineering – plan, investigate and optimise transport systems
- geotechnical engineering - design foundations, support structures, assess stability of slopes and tunnels.
Civil engineering is flexible and diverse. You might prefer to work onsite, in design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- civil engineering designer
- structural engineer
- geotechnical engineer
- transport systems engineer
- stormwater engineer
- urban development engineer
Remarkably, engineering is the most commonly held degree among the highest performing Fortune 500 CEOs – the CEOs of companies such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla Motors are all engineers.
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 088938M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Business at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle