Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
Behind every story of sporting excellence is the often-untold story of skilled planning and strong management. Throughout the course students will develop a strong working knowledge of management theory and practice. The course has been co-designed by leading industry professionals and academics to ensure students graduate with relevant and contemporary sport management skills. With a strong focus on work integrated learning with practical outcomes for industry partners students will be prepared to enter the rapidly growing global industry that is the management of sport.
The course covers aspects of sport from grass roots community levels through to studying high performance sport management at Olympic level. The degree takes students through the journey of sport from an amateur past time to the evolution of the globalised, commercialised, and professionalised industry that it is today.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Game Day or Event Coordinator.
- Athletics Administrator.
- Sport Marketer.
- Facility Operations Manager.
- Financial and Contract Analyst.
- Guest Relations Manager.
- Corporate Partnerships Manager.
- Graduates are eligible to apply for 3 years work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Must provide certified evidence of your current English proficiency level including: English tests; transcripts and award certificates; and/or a letter from the institution stating the language of instruction.
- Must provide certified evidence of academic transcripts and award certificates. Transcripts should indicate if the academic requirements of the course are incomplete /complete or if the award has been conferred.
- Provide Statements of Employment and a Resume with referee contact details for courses with work experience requirements.
- Subject descriptions must be provided for International Qualifications and may be requested for Domestic Qualifications if required. Not providing this documentation with your application could delay the outcome- Credit transfer/ advanced standing.
- Other qualifications not listed will be considered on an individual basis. This list provides minimum entry requirements for courses; however, some courses may have higher entry requirements. If you are unable to meet the above requirements, you may be eligible to access a pathway provided by college.
- Course Code: 0100504
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics - MGIT03 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Accounting - MGB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business - SCMG01 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management - MGB401 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing Communication) - ARB103 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management - ARMG01 at University of Canberra