Bachelors of Economics / Science
Gain a strong foundation in economic theories and principles, along with scientific theory and practical skills in your chosen science major, by combining these two areas of study in a dual degree.
Economics is more than just markets, models and capital. It’s the study of how people and organisations make decisions about using our scarce resources. When you combine the ability to question, analyse, model and predict human behaviour with the interdisciplinary knowledge and practical skills of scientific training, you'll graduate with a respected, desirable qualification.
When this program is studied at a standard load of four courses per semester, the final semester will comprise part-time study of only two courses. Students may decide to overload in previous semesters or undertake study in a summer semester to reduce the total duration of the program.
- Benefit from the research-intensive focus at the School of Economics that ensures content is engaging and relevant today and into the future.
- Develop a range of statistical and analytical tools you can use to solve pivotal policy and decision-making challenges.
- Learn how to work independently, perform critical experiments, analyse data and communicate results.
- Build your interdisciplinary scientific knowledge and practical skills.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Archaeological Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Science
- Biophysics (Dual Major)
- Business and Industry
- Chemical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Sc and Biochem & Molecular Biol (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Biomedical Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Chemistry (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Computer Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Ecology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Genetics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geographical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geological Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Marine Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Mathematics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Microbiology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Physics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Plant Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Psychology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Statistics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Zoology (Dual Major)
- Computer Science
- Economics and Public Policy
- Food Science and Nutrition (Dual Major)
- Food Science and Technology
- Geographical Sciences
- Geological Sciences
- International Trade and Finance
- Marine Biology (Extended Major)
- Marine Science
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Plant Science
- Public Health
- Quantitative Methods
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 029159E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELORS OF Business Management / Design at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management / Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor Of Arts / Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor Of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Agribusiness / Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland