Master of Science (Research)
The University of New England is committed to maintaining its strong research culture, underpinned by high research training standards. The Master of Science Rules provides the framework for one of the University's AQF Level 9 awards. They provide the rigorous processes that are essential for the maintenance of academic quality and integrity in the University's operations, and that reflect the University's values of providing a formative, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and innovative environment for the delivery of high-quality research training for its students.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates are also qualified for employment in research organizations such as CSIRO and ANSTO, universities, environmental protection agencies, and scientific research laboratories.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to candidature in the degree of Master of Science (MSc) may be approved by the Committee only when the Head of School has:
- (a) certified that the necessary facilities and appropriate support for the applicant undertaking the proposed MSc program are available; and
- (b) nominated an appropriate Principal Supervisor and Co-supervisor(s) in accordance with the Supervisors - Nomination, Appointment, and Responsibilities Rule.
The Committee may, on the recommendation of the relevant Head of School, admit to candidature into the course for the degree of Master of Science (MSc) an applicant who:
- (a) has a degree of Bachelor (AQF Level 7) in a cognate discipline at the level of Credit (GPA 5) or above, or
- (b) has a degree at AQF Level 7 or equivalent and has adequate relevant preparation since graduation. Adequate relevant preparation may be gained by an approved academic course, professional training, during the occupation, or through peer-reviewed publications.
- Course Code: 000477G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Master of Science in Agriculture at University of New England
- Master of Rural Science (Research) at University of New England
- Master of Planning and Management of Natural Hazards at University of New England
- Master of Neuroscience at University of New England
- Master of Environmental Science and Management at University of New England