Graduate Diploma in Teaching (Secondary)
This program will equip you with the knowledge and skills to support children from Year 1 to Year 8 (typically aged 5-13) in their learning and development. You will get the tools you need to prepare you for 21st-century classrooms where digital learning is key, building strong relationships is vital and diversity is welcomed. You will learn and be taught basic proficiency in te Reo M?ori.
Academics who are experts in the field of Education and passionate about supporting the next generation of teachers will deliver a mixture of face-to-face lectures, tutorials and workshops, and online learning. You will learn to teach the eight learning areas of English, The Arts, Health and Physical Education, Mathematics and Statistics, Science, Social Sciences, Technology and Learning, and Languages.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
While many graduates go on to teach in secondary schools in New Zealand, the program will also provide you with transferable skills that can be applied to a range of careers.
Jobs related to this program
- Curriculum developer
- Education consultant
- Learning designer
- Mental health education specialist
- Policy adviser for the Ministry of Education
- Secondary teacher
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE (Grade Point Equivalent) 3.5
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland