Bachelor of Social Science (Honours)
Students who perform well, with a GPA of 5.0 or greater, during the Bachelor of Social Science program or equivalent program and/or relevant discipline major, may undertake a further year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) study to obtain an Honours degree. The Honours program allows students to further develop their specific areas of interest.
The Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) approved sequence in Psychology is no longer available in this program. If you have a 3 year APAC accredited psychology qualification please apply for the accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) program.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of one or more specialist areas in the social sciences
- Advanced communication skills appropriate to the social science discipline of the major
- Advanced knowledge of research principles and methodology within one social science discipline, including information literacy, and the use of technology
- Capacity to apply advanced critical thinking and judgement to complex problems in a variety of contexts within one social science discipline to develop new understanding and to demonstrate intellectual independence
- Capacity to apply the social science theory and method appropriate to the major at an advanced level to design, conduct and complete an independent research thesis under supervision from the discipline
- Communication skills to present a clear and coherent exposition of knowledge and ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills with initiative and judgement in professional practice and/or scholarship.
- Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills to adapt knowledge and skills in diverse contexts.
- Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills with responsibility and accountability for own learning and practice and in collaboration with others within broad parameters.
- Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills to plan and execute project work and/or a piece of research and scholarship with some independence.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
UON Central Coast is proud to celebrate over 25 years of world-class teaching, learning and research in our region. During this time, a strong community of career-ready students has flourished, with the campus shaping graduates into key members of our local area - and the world. Situated just two minutes from the M1 Pacific Motorway, UON Central Coast is conveniently located and provides a range of flexible courses to suit a busy, modern lifestyle.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 014638B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Music at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Development Studies (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) at University of Newcastle