Graduate Certificate in Governance and Public Policy
Boost your career potential and gain an advanced understanding of 21st century governance and public policy.
UQ brings world-class scholars, policy practitioners and cutting-edge researchers together to deliver a first-class learning experience for those looking to develop a career in governance and policy.
Housed in the Graduate Centre in Governance and International Affairs within UQ’s School of Political Science and International Studies, the half year full-time (or part-time equivalent) Graduate Certificate program aims to take your student experience to a new level and boost your quality and employability as a future leader.
As a student, you'll undertake high-level coursework to gain practical knowledge and research skills, and a critical, inquiring approach to questions of governance and policy development in the modern world.
You'll gain a deeper understanding of how governments operate and the major public issues confronting our society, across areas such as community and international policy, governance and development, and resource management.
As a graduate, you'll be equipped with a transferable skill-set allowing you to meaningfully address key policy issues and improve policy outcomes in both the public and private sectors.
- Interact with world-class scholars and policy practitioners, and work closely with top-rated researchers in the field.
- Be exposed to leading thinkers in the public, private and community sectors on a regular basis.
- Study with students from a range of different backgrounds and countries in a genuinely multicultural classroom, giving you a global perspective.
- Be supported through your study in the Graduate Centre Mentorship program.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 065330M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Public Health at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Governance and Public Policy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies at The University of Queensland