Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
Make your culinary dream a reality, with this hands-on commercial cookery course at VU Polytechnic.
Using a blend of online and practical skills development, this course provides you with essential skills in the following areas:
- food preparation (poultry, meat, seafood, vegetables, dairy, fruits)
- desserts (cakes, pastries)
- menu planning and costing
- basic knife skills
- basic methods of cookery
- sustainable work practices
- food hygiene, food safety and OHS.
You'll learn a range of practical skills and the latest trends and techniques used in the industry under the guidance of experienced chefs.
On successful completion, you can choose to pathway into the Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery or find employment as a:
- commis chef
- sous chef
- executive chef.
Footscray Nicholson Campus is a few minutes' walk from the Footscray train station. This relaxed and friendly campus has an emphasis on TAFE courses, run through VU Polytechnic. It's easy to find your way around – there is a brand new learning commons with a library and study spaces. We also have childcare facilities and a recreation centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Prospective careers in hospitality include a cook and/or trainee chef in:
- reception centres
- aged care residences
- cruise ships
- catering companies
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Year 11 or equivalent. The Polytechnic use the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to measure the language proficiency of people who want to study with us.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (Academic module): Overall score of 5.5 (no band less than 5.0).
For employment and practical placement purposes, this vocational sector typically requires a current and satisfactory Police Record Check. Failure to provide the required documents in the timeframe specified by the Course Coordinator, means you will be unable to undertake practical placement in a workplace and therefore not eligible to progress in this course.
- Course Code: 095616D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A