Doctor of Philosophy in Welding Engineering
The Welding Engineering graduate program is part of the Department of Materials Science and Engineering and studies the science behind efficiently joining conventional and advanced materials. , The program is recognized world-wide and our graduates are highly valued by the industry. While many think of welding in terms of a process ("arcs and sparks"), Welding Engineers explore the complex intersection of plasma and solid-state physics, materials science, mechanical engineering and design, materials processing, robotics, and real-world application.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Although applicants may provide either a GRE or GMAT score, the GMAT is strongly preferred.
GMAT: Fisher College requires a minimum total GMAT score of 600. In practice, a total GMAT score above 700 is generally required for an application to be competitive. A quantitative GMAT score in the high 40's or better is also preferred.
The minimum requirement for admission to an Ohio State graduate program is 16 years of study. This is usually 12 years of secondary school plus four years of post-secondary study at a college or university. If you only have three years of post-secondary study, you must complete one of the following:
- A master's degree (or higher)
- An approved post-graduate diploma
- An additional year of university-level coursework
This work must be completed at an accredited university. Please note that we cannot give an absolute assurance that your academic documentation will qualify you for graduate study until we have reviewed your documents. When you apply, you must provide transcripts and degree statements for all post-secondary course work at a college or university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 70 USD
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nuclear Engineering at Ohio State University
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering at Ohio State University
- Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial and Systems Engineering at Ohio State University
- Doctor of Engineering Education at Ohio State University
- Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Ohio State University
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science and Engineering at Ohio State University