Bachelor of Natural History Illustration (Honours)
The Bachelor of Natural History Illustration (Honours) is a one year full-time or equivalent part-time program designed to encourage creative, innovative and scientific approaches to the visual interpretation of the natural world.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Advanced knowledge related to the analysis, interpretation and presentation of scientific, studio and field information relevant to the Natural History Illustration discipline
- Advanced understanding of discipline related research methodology, terminology and practical application of techniques related to Natural History Illustration. High level of technical competence and related skills as a foundation for research Higher Degree study and to support life-long learning
- Applied understanding of the relevance of the theoretical and historical context of Natural History Illustration. Ability to communicate effectively on an advanced level through a range of verbal, written, presentation and/or exhibition skills
- Acute knowledge of professionalism and ethics in the context of Natural History Illustration. Acute awareness of Studio and laboratory based occupational health and safety issues
- Demonstrated capability to design an Honours project and through research apply focused creative and innovative approaches to the visual interpretation of the Natural World. Recognise and utilise new technologies within the discipline of Natural History Illustration
- A level of cultural awareness and appreciation of issues related to bio-diversity and the environment
Newcastle City campus
The University of Newcastle plays an important part in the renewed sense of vibrancy in the Newcastle CBD and our Newcastle City campus is very much at the centre of the city's burgeoning arts scene. NUspace is a $95 million landmark education building developed in 2017 by the University of Newcastle in the heart of Newcastle's CBD. NUspace harnesses the latest in technology and innovation in teaching and learning to deliver a world-class student experience by engaging students in new and exciting ways.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for admission must have completed a bachelors degree or four year diploma in Illustration, Fine Art, Design or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0 (Credit Grade Point Average overall) calculated from:
- Across the entire degree program; or
- Across a major in the proposed discipline of study, if that degree program includes such a major; or
- Across 80 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists); or
- Where the applicant has completed less than 80 units at 3000 level, a GPA of 5.5 calculated from at least 60 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists).
In exceptional circumstances, the above requirements may be varied with permission of the Head of School and Pro-Vice Chancellor.
No more than two years must have elapsed since completion of the undergraduate degree.
Application for the Bachelor of Natural History Illustration (Honours) program is made directly to the University using the End–On Honours Application Form.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 065377G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle