BSc (Hons) in Occupational Safety and Health (add-on)
This one year add-on course comprises the fourth year of the level 8 BSc (Hons) in Occupational Safety and Health. Applicants should have attained a relevant level 7 degree or equivalent.
This programme deals mainly with the management of occupational safety and health in the workplace. It provides practical opportunities to develop the skills and knowledge to manage workplace safety and health issues.
It has international recognition from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and qualifies graduates to manage the safety and health affairs within organisations both in Ireland and abroad.
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Typically, graduates with a Bachelor of Business in Management Applications enhance their career prospects in management positions both in private and public sectors or use the programme as a stepping stone to enter the business world for the first time. Former graduates are now working in the manufacturing, retail and public service; others have set up highly successful businesses. The programme is also an ideal base from which to progress to the Level 8 honours business qualification in IT Sligo.
2 years stayback after the course completion.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
There is no attendance requirement for this programme. Students will receive a schedule for live online lectures in advance of the course start date (live lecturers will be scheduled for week nights only, Mon-Thurs).
Applicants should hold a Level 6 Higher Certificate (previously called National Certificate) in Business (or cognate area). Applicants with other qualifications and/or with significant relevant business experience may also be considered through IT Sligo’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
IELTS-6.0 with no band less than 5.5
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10500 EUR
Application Fee: N/A
- BSc (Hons) in Pharmaceutical Science with drug development (Add on) at Institute of Technology Sligo
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Clinical Measurement Physiology at Institute of Technology Sligo
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health at Institute of Technology Sligo
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science with Ecology at Institute of Technology Sligo
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biomedical Science at Institute of Technology Sligo
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science and Physiology at Institute of Technology Sligo