This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Master of Educational Studies
Strengthen your leadership expertise and get a professional advantage in your chosen area of education.
UQ’s School of Education has been preparing teachers for the world’s classrooms, industry, media and community leadership for more than 70 years, with programs and academics that lead the field. This 1.5 year full-time (or part-time equivalent) program prepares you for a variety of employment opportunities in educational environments.
Specialise in one of six fields of study: Behaviour Management; Curriculum; Guidance, Counselling and Careers; Leadership; Psychology Education; or Supporting Diverse Learners. Depending on your area of specialisation (and which of over 50 courses you select), you can choose to complete all aspects of a practicum that focuses on advanced research and teaching interests.
Some pathways offer specific qualifications, while others offer significant professional advantage to educators interested in career advancement or broadening their career options.
Commonwealth Supported Places are available for Australian citizens, permanent visa holders and New Zealand citizens for students enrolling in the field of Guidance, Counselling and Careers.
- Strengthen your leadership expertise in educational practice, policy and theory.
- Obtain the knowledge and skills required for specialised fields of work.
- Gain qualifications that enhance career advancement and options.
- Improve your research skills by engaging in an extended research-based project.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Behaviour Management
- Guidance, Counselling and Careers
- Psychology Education
- Supporting Diverse Learners
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Behaviour management counsellor
- Special needs teacher
- Curriculum planner
- School curriculum adviser
- Career development practitioner
- Guidance counsellor
- Change management adviser
- Educational administrator
- Cognitive behaviour specialist
- Multicultural teacher
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Approved degree in the same discipline; or
- Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in the same discipline; or
- Approved degree in any discipline and 2 years full-time relevant work experience.
Relevant work experience is defined as significant and substantive experience in education contexts such as schools, service delivery agencies, government agencies or alternative education settings working with children, adolescents or adults with roles and responsibilities such as, teaching, program/curriculum development, assessment, educational leadership, administration, youth support, allied health, and sport sciences.
- Course Code: 082608M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Social Work (Qualifying) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Teaching (Primary) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies at The University of Queensland
- Master of Laws (LLM) at The University of Queensland
- Masters of International Relations / Peace and Conflict Studies at The University of Queensland