Graduate Diploma of Construction Management
The Graduate Diploma of Construction Management uses a case-based approach to learning to provide you with the initial knowledge of the theory and practice of construction management needed to commence a career in a variety of roles as a construction professional.
The course is suitable for personnel involved in the procurement of built facilities as consultants or contractors, as well as people in government departments and commercial organizations who are responsible for the procurement of such facilities.
The course has been designed to suit the needs of two types of graduates:
- Graduates from a built environment and engineering background who are seeking to upskill.
- Graduates who have completed an undergraduate degree from an unrelated discipline with demonstrable professional experience, wanting to formalize their entry into the construction management profession Students will work in a multi-disciplinary context to gain knowledge on construction management, procurement, and cost economics, Building Information Modelling, and environmental systems.
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma of Construction Management are eligible for entry to the Master of Construction Management program.
Geelong Waterfront Campus
Located in the heart of Geelong, the Geelong Waterfront Campus has spectacular views of the bay. Used as wool stores in the 19th century, this campus has been renovated to create an impressive, modern space that offers an inspiring study environment. The unique mix of old and new allows for engaging and creative spaces, and its central location means students can visit Geelong’s central business district between classes. In 2019 a new ferry travelling between Melbourne and Geelong was launched. The ferry offers a comfortable and convenient mode of transport. It docks a short walk from the Geelong Waterfront Campus. Train and bus services are also regularly available between Geelong and Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 4
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants seeking entry into a graduate certificate or graduate diploma program must have successfully completed:
- Bachelor degree in same or related discipline (such as quantity surveying, civil engineering, architecture, and building technology)
- Bachelor degree in any discipline plus 2 years of professional work experience (such as quantity surveying, civil engineering, architecture or building technology environment)
- Course Code: 0101387
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Certificate of Marketing at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Professional Accounting and Law at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Commerce at Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Commerce at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Information Systems at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration at Deakin University