Bachelor of Sport Management
Gain the skills for a career in the sports, physical recreation and outdoor adventure sector with a Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University.
You will learn the techniques of management and their application to the sport and physical recreation industries including:
- human resource management
- performance evaluation.
By the time you graduate, you’ll be confident and ready to manage professional sport organisations, major sporting events, and sporting facilities. You’ll also be prepared to manage community sport programs, social development projects, outdoor adventure activities, and active recreation experiences.
VU is a leading sport university, and you’ll benefit from our extensive sports and physical recreation industry partnerships. Our classroom activities are blended with online and practical learning. By undertaking work placements, you’ll develop professional connections before you even graduate.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The sport, fitness and physical recreation industries play a crucial and significant role in the health and wellbeing of Australians. There are diverse and expanding career opportunities in this sector.
Graduates of our Bachelor of Sport Management will be ready to work in a variety of roles in the sport and physical recreation industry. You may work in commercial or community sport, or outdoor adventure. You’ll be qualified to manage sport organisations, facilities, and events.
The career opportunities are broad, and each of the majors provides many exciting options.
SPORT & ACTIVE COMMUNITIES MAJOR
You will be ideally placed to work as an administrator, officer or manager in:
- sport governing bodies
- sports clubs
- stadia and arenas
- local and state government agencies that focus on physical activity policies and issues
- gyms and leisure centres
- leisure planning and sport development units within local government spaces
- community welfare agencies
- youth work programs
- sports and leisure consultancies
- the motor or horse racing industry.
OUTDOOR RECREATION LEADERSHIP MAJOR
You will be prepared to work as a sport management educator, leader or trainer for outdoor adventure programs in:
- outdoor adventure camps
- state government agencies
- adventure sport businesses
- corporate training consultancies
- local government community leisure units
- health education agencies
- youth work programs.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 084881M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Biomedical Sciences) (1 year) at Victoria University