Graduate Diploma in Law
This diploma is an excellent choice for law graduates from both New Zealand and overseas who wish to further enhance their legal knowledge.
You can focus on an area of specialization according to your own interests or professional requirements while updating skills and continuing professional development (it meets the requirements of the New Zealand Law Society's Continuing Professional Development).
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Graduate Diploma in Law is an excellent choice for LLB graduates from both New Zealand and overseas who wish to further enhance their legal knowledge. It enables law graduates to focus on a new area of specialization, update skills, continuing professional development, and gain an academic qualification while fulfilling professional requirements required by the NZCLE.
Jobs related to this program
- Academia – lecturing, research
- Government – policy work, resource management, parliamentary drafting
- Law reform
- Private companies – in-house legal counsel, tax, property, management consultant, regulation, compliance, human resources
- Private practice – barrister, solicitor
- Public service – prosecution, defence
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You must have completed a Bachelor of Laws or an undergraduate law degree from a recognized university (or similar institution). Law graduates from both New Zealand and overseas are able to apply.
- There is no grade requirement for admission into the Graduate Diploma in Law.
Further program requirements
If you are an international student and are taking undergraduate law courses, whether compulsory or elective, on the recommendation of the Council of Legal Education, you may take those courses for the Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate (but please note that there are limits on enrolments in courses at LLB Part II level).
English language requirements
If you are an international applicant whose first language is not English you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency.
You will require an IELTS Academic score of 7.0 with no bands less than 6.5.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland