Graduate Certificate in Business
The Graduate Certificate in Business is a fully online course providing graduate level introductory studies in a range of business disciplines including finance, accounting, economics, management and marketing.
Developed by Melbourne Business School, this course is delivered by some of the School’s leading academic experts.
Who is this course for?
Whether you are at the beginning of your career looking to develop your competitive edge, or you’re in the middle of your career looking to develop your business understanding and enhance your career, this flexibly-delivered course will provide you with the expertise to position yourself for success.
This course is not available to international students who are holders of an Australian student visa, for study onshore in Australia. This course is available to all other international students to study wholly online.
This Graduate Certificate is ideal for:
- Recent university graduates looking to transition into a business career, including those wishing to start their own business
- Early to mid-career professionals looking to add a business qualification to their skills portfolio.
- Course aims
- The Graduate Certificate in Business is designed to equip you with essential knowledge of management, business, and commerce, giving you the confidence to make effective decisions and articulate solutions and ideas in a range of business contexts.
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Business are eligible to apply for entry into an on-campus Master of Management program or Master of International Business. Credit may be granted for subjects completed as part of the Graduate Certificate in Business. Students should ensure they have completed the correct subjects for credit towards their preferred specialisation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The University of Melbourne runs a twice-annual mentoring programme that brings students together with alumni mentors who guide them through the career decision-making process.
Faculty-specific resources assist students in finding the most relevant careers advice for them. Students are also able to take self-assessment tests to help them determine which occupation is most suited to them.
We run workshops, one-on-one sessions, and student mentoring programs to give you the advice you need, when you need it.
Get one-on-one support
The Careers and Employability Studio has gone virtual. Book in for an appointment with a career adviser.
Attend a workshop or session
We run a range of workshops, seminars and events to help support your skill development and employability.
About Careers and Employability
We provide you with the resources, support, and tools you need to achieve your career goals. Learn about our approach to employability and careers.
When you start university you may already know which career path you’d like to pursue. Or, you might be exploring your unique interests, passions, and opportunities.
No matter which category you’re in, career development starts from your first day at university. Career development doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time to develop a greater awareness of who you are and what you want to achieve.
At the University of Melbourne, career development is a journey that involves:
- Understanding and reflecting on your motivations and preferences, current skills and knowledge gaps
- Researching potential opportunities that help you develop meaningful, industry-relevant experiences
- Goal setting and deciding on what career success means to you
- Seeking and applying for roles that align with this vision.
- During this process, your ability to understand and apply your knowledge will be critical in making successful career decisions. We have dedicated career advisers who can guide you through this career development journey.
What are employability skills?
Employability skills are more than just your ability to land a job. They cover your attitude, personal qualities, and transferable skills (e.g. teamwork and communication).
These skills are valued regardless of the role or industry you’re interested in—and understanding their importance can help you succeed in your career and beyond.
Our aim is to help you develop these skills so you can progress professionally in the workforce and community.
How we can help you
We provide online and in-person services: from one-on-one guidance, to learning modules, on campus workshops, and more.
We support you to:
- Understand the possibilities open to you during and after your time at university
- Design your career by understanding where your degree can take you, and guide you on what experiences will help you gain future employment
- Identify your skills and how they apply to actual jobs in the industry you’re interested in
- Find opportunities via our online jobs board and our employability programs
- Connect with employers and professionals through our mentoring programs and industry networks
- Navigate the job application process so your cover letter, resume, and interview style sets you up for success.
- Our services are available to all current undergraduate and graduate University of Melbourne students.
Graduate Diploma packaged with Masters degree would allow 2 years PSW. Packaging of offers depends on the sole discretion of Faculty.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You need to successfully complete an undergraduate degree, either from the University of Melbourne, another Australian institution, or a university overseas. You also need to meet English language requirements and be eligible to be offered an international graduate place.
- If you've achieved high marks in your Melbourne undergraduate studies you can even be made an early offer. Depending on your previous studies and experience you could also be eligible for credit towards your studies at the University.
TOEFL – you need a score from a minimum of 577+ including a score of at least 4.5 in the Test of Written English for a paper-based test. Or a score of at least 79 and scores of at least 21 for writing, 18 for speaking, 13 for reading, 13 for listening for an internet-based test.
IELTS – you need a score from a minimum of 6.5 or more in the Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with no bands less than 6.0.
Pearson Test of English – you need an overall score from a minimum between 58-64 inclusive and achieve no PTE communicative skills score below 50.
Cambridge English, Advanced/Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – you need a Cambridge English Score from a minimum 176 with no skill below 169.
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Management at University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Professional Leadership and Management at University of Melbourne
- Graduate Certificate in Bushfire Planning and Management at University of Melbourne
- Graduate Certificate in Ageing at University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Economics at University of Melbourne
- Professional Certificate in Workplace Leadership at University of Melbourne