Master of Business Administration / Master of International Business
This combined degree program allows students to undertake studies in the more general business discipline of the Master of Business Administration while also studying the specific international business courses of the Master of International Business.
The Master of Business Administration program is designed to provide students with a range of analytic, strategic and leadership skills which will prepare them for increasingly competitive careers in business management in the corporate and public sectors. The program offers a grounding in fundamental business areas such as accounting, finance, organisational behaviour, economics, marketing and management. Analytic and problem solving skills are emphasised through an applied understanding of the theoretical framework within which today’s managers must operate, as well as acquisition of practical skills in teamwork, writing, presentation and time-management. The ability to cope with rapid organisational and technological change is developed through an understanding of organisational behaviour, information systems and organisational change and development.
The Master of International Business program is designed to meet the needs of two groups- international students who wish to undertake business studies with a specific international focus in order to find employment in global markets, and Australian students who wish to expand their business capabilities and to export products to international markets. The program provides a sound knowledge in the core business areas of marketing, finance, economics and human resource management and expends on this knowledge in the context of international trade, government policy and regulations with regards to global business operations.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Effective oral and written skills to communicate complex business management information to a variety of audiences.
Newcastle City campus
The University of Newcastle plays an important part in the renewed sense of vibrancy in the Newcastle CBD and our Newcastle City campus is very much at the centre of the city's burgeoning arts scene. NUspace is a $95 million landmark education building developed in 2017 by the University of Newcastle in the heart of Newcastle's CBD. NUspace harnesses the latest in technology and innovation in teaching and learning to deliver a world-class student experience by engaging students in new and exciting ways.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 3 Years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry into the Master of Business Administration/Master of International Business will be available for applicants who have:
- Bachelor (Honours) Degree, or an euivalent or higher qualification; or
- Bachelor Degree, or an equivalent qualification, in a related field such as accounting, business, commerce, economics, finance, human resource management, industrial relations, management, marketing; or
- Bachelor Degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, not in a related field and 1 year relevant organisational experience; or
- At least 7 years' relevant organisational experience, including 2 years in a management position; or
- Successful completion of 75% (30 units) of one of the following UoN Faculty of Business and Law programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
Students seeking Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) must apply to the Program Convenor. RPL applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 084248C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of International Business at University of Newcastle
- Master of Dispute Resolution at University of Newcastle
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Marketing at University of Newcastle
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Human Resource Management at University of Newcastle
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Applied Finance at University of Newcastle
- Master of Business Administration (Global) / Master of Science (Data Analytics) at University of Newcastle