Computer Modelling and Finite Elements in Engineering Mechanics, PGDip
The MSc Computer Modelling and Finite Elements in Engineering Mechanics benefits from the position of Swansea University at the forefront of international research in computational engineering.
This course harnesses the expertise of academic staff to provide you with world class postgraduate training.
Our globally renowned engineers pioneer the development of numerical techniques such as the finite element method, as well as computational procedures that help to solve complex engineering problems.
You will gain a practical understanding of computer modelling, and how it plays a critical role in engineering, science and emerging areas of interdisciplinary research.
Accredited by the JBM, this MSc also gives a comprehensive foundation in the finite element method in engineering mechanics.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Students must attain a 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in an undergraduate degree. Any degree subject will be considered.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A