Bachelor of Youth Work
Make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged young people with VU’s Bachelor of Youth Work.
In our youth work degree, you'll learn to help young people develop through activities that are enjoyable, challenging and educational.
You'll graduate with:
- a solid professional foundation for working with young people
- specialist knowledge to support disadvantaged groups
- clarity on the services available to teenagers and young adults
- practical management skills
- leadership skills.
Our Youth Work degree is the largest in Australia, and is delivered by experts in the field. You'll receive expert guidance from specialist youth sociologists and experienced workers from:
- legal care
- community development
- social work
- other relevant areas.
In addition, you'll undertake substantial professional work placements, and graduate well prepared for a rewarding career.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
VU’s Bachelor of Youth Work provides you with a broad range of career opportunities when you graduate. Graduates can find careers in:
- local government
- juvenile justice centre
- not-for-profit and community organisations.
Aim for one of these rewarding roles:
- youth worker
- case manager
- family support worker
- drug and alcohol worker.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
Minimum English Language Requirement
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 074356D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A