Graduate Diploma in Science
The GradDipSci provides you with an opportunity to choose a second major, extend the field of study you chose for your Bachelor of Science degree, or continue to learn from another discipline at the undergraduate level within the Faculty of Science. The GradDipSci also provides a pathway to enter into further study at postgraduate level.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Because science plays a vital role in addressing the key issues that confront us and future generations, studying the Sciences opens up a wide range of career opportunities. If you have been away from study for a while, the GradDipSci provides an opportunity to learn about new developments in your field of expertise.
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a recognized university (or similar institution) and passed first-year courses in your intended specialization.
A GPA/GPE of at least 3.0 is strongly recommended.
Further program requirements
English language requirements
You will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency if you are:
- An international applicant whose first language is not English
- A domestic applicant under 20 years of age whose first language is not English
You will require an IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with no bands less than 5.5.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Psychology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Theory at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy at University of Auckland