Bachelor of Biomedical Science / Bachelor of Laws
The Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Biomedical Science is designed to produce well-rounded graduates ready for legal practice and a range of professional careers in an increasingly global environment. Graduates can pursue a range of legal careers including:
- private practice as a solicitor or barrister
- legal officer in the public sector
- in-house counsel for a wide range of organisations including corporations, regulatory authorities and NGOs.
As a graduate of this double degree you will be well placed to develop specialist legal practice in a wide range of fields. This includes roles in the pharmaceutical and medical technology industries and in roles related to the development, marketing and governance of health and disease.
As part of this degree you complete 80 hours of pro bono work (after your first year), providing you with firsthand experience of the legal system while allowing you to contribute to the common good.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates in Law can pursue a range of legal careers including:
- private legal practice as a solicitor or barrister
- legal officer in the public sector (for example in federal or state government departments and publicly-funded organisations as diverse as national regulatory bodies, universities or public broadcasters)
- in-house counsel to a wide range of organisations from corporations to trade unions
- public interest legal work in community legal centres
- legal research.
Completing a Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Laws is excellent preparation for pursuing a career in areas such as:
- regulation and governance in health
- commercial health ventures
- the not-for-profit sector.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 6.5 in speaking and writing, and 6.0 in listening and reading).
- Course Code: 088053D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)