Art History and Museum Curating MA
Gain the skills to join the exciting world of museums, galleries and the cultural heritage sector.
You’ll work with academics who have relationships with museums across the UK and direct experience of curating exhibitions and permanent collections in the museums and galleries sector. Our long-standing partnerships with local and national museums and collections include:
- the National Portrait Gallery
- Historic Royal Palaces
- the National Trust
- Brighton Museum & Art Gallery
You’ll also learn from museum professionals. In the past this has included senior staff from the V&A, the Science Museum, and the Metropolitan Museum and Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York.
You’ll explore the history, theory and politics of art institutions and build a critical framework for the practice of curating. You visit museums in Sussex and in London, allowing you to learn first-hand about institutional histories, collections, permanent galleries and temporary exhibitions.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music and Sonic Media MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Media Studies MA at University of Sussex
- International Journalism MA at University of Sussex
- Creative Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Creative and Critical Writing MA at University of Sussex