Global Health Policy MSc
This programme explores the issues that shape population health and build the knowledge and skills necessary to address them.
Over the course of the last decade, global health has received dramatically increased attention, both as an emergent academic discipline and in terms of heightened policy salience.
This has become particularly emphasised in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Global health concerns have become a central component of foreign and security policy and of development and human rights agendas, and have reshaped debates regarding the social impacts of global economic and environmental change.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This highly regarded qualification will improve your chances of securing rewarding roles.
Recent graduates have taken up employment and research positions with NGOs, health agencies, government departments and international organisations.
We have structured the programme to enable you to undertake a placement during your dissertation, ensuring you graduate with valuable experience and contacts.
The transferable skills you gain in areas such as communication and research will give you an edge in the employment market, whatever your eventual career.
A number of our students, particularly from social science backgrounds, use this programme to prepare for applications to medical school or a PhD programme.
Our programmes are also recognised for training purposes by the UK Faculty of Public Health, and a number of practising doctors undertake study with us.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh