Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology
The Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology at UNE is a multidisciplinary program that develops a comprehensive understanding of the scientific and applied aspects of sport, exercise, and health. The course includes core studies in human structure, function, and behavior before further study on the acute and chronic physiological and psychological responses to exercise in healthy individuals and those with chronic and complex health conditions.
In the first three years of study, analytical, technical and professional skills are developed in the areas of movement analysis, health and fitness assessment and exercise training for health and performance. The final year of study provides advanced training in chronic disease management, functional conditioning, and clinical practice. Students complete 500 hours of workplace experience to practice exercise-based management of neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, metabolic and other health conditions. Graduates are recognized for their expertise in the clinical application of exercise-based rehabilitation.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Jobs for exercise physiologists are forecast to increase by 24.8 percent over the five years to May 2022, according to the Australian Government’s employment projections.
You will graduate from this course as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist. AEPs are allied health professionals recognized by Medicare, the Department of Veteran Affairs, and some private health insurers.
You could consider careers in:
- public and private hospitals and clinics
- primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare
- sporting settings
- population health
- workplace health and rehabilitation
- residential aged care facilities and retirement facilities.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Assumed knowledge: mathematics advanced, Personal Development Health and Physical Education (PDHPE), and/or any two units of Science.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
To be eligible to attend clinical placement all Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology students must meet the NSW Ministry of Health verification requirements within the ClinConnect system by the end of the first trimester of study. These include:
- Adult Vaccination** as per the NSW Ministry of Health requirements for Category A Health Care Workers (Any interim compliance issued by NSW Ministry of Health has individual dates of issue and expiry)
- National Criminal History Check**
- Students must have a current (expires 3 years from the date of issue) National Criminal History check and International students must also have an International Police Check or statutory declaration. A valid National Criminal history check must comply with the following requirements:
- - It must be from a CrimTrac Accredited Broker Agency (as listed on the CrimTrac website) or an Australian State NSW Police or Territory Police Force or the Australian Federal Police, and
- - It must state that it is a National or Australia wide check, and
- - It must include the student's full name and their date of birth, and
- - It must not have any offenses listed (students with a criminal history must provide a Clinical Placement Authority Card (CPAC) or conditional letter from the Employment Screening and Review Unit, NSW Health Share), and
- - The name on the Police Certificate must be the same name as on the Student's ID card.
- Completion of mandatory NSW Ministry of Health NSW Working with Children Check** (Valid for 5 years from the date of issue).
A current First Aid and CPR Certificate **.
** Indicates requirements that have expiry dates and currency must be maintained by the student to ensure compliance for the student's entire candidature.
All students of the Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology course will be required to complete an electronic Student Declaration form by the due date (end of Trimester 1). Students must read the document carefully and ensure that they fully understand and comply with all compulsory requirements for the clinical component of the program. Students MUST complete the declaration prior to the commencement of their first Clinical Placement.
It is the individual student's responsibility to ensure that they are aware of the contents of the declaration, including all associated documents and abide by it at all times when enrolled in the Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology Degree.
- Course Code: 069336F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Nursing at University of New England
- Bachelor of Zoology at University of New England
- Bachelor of Sustainability at University of New England
- Bachelor of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science with Honours at University of New England