International Foundation Year Programme - Health & Human Sciences
About this route
The International Foundation Year in Health & Human Sciences will prepare you for a range of degrees in fields related to health, such as physiotherapy, sports science, podiatry and pharmaceutical science. It can also prepare you for studying degrees in behavioural sciences, such as psychology, sociology and criminology.
You will study core modules, which are general skills subjects, and specialised modules tailored to your chosen area of study - all of which are important for your academic development.
Why study Health & Human Sciences?
- Graduate from the University with a professionally accredited degree – without the years of study required for a degree in medicine
- Degrees typically include placements, such as clinical practice in local hospitals and NHS trusts, to gain practical experience in a real-world setting
- Access a range of specialist facilities, including a biomechanics laboratory, formulation lab (for making and testing medicines), physiology labs and physiotherapy practical rooms
- Early preparation for your future career with support for your NHS interview for clinical practice and integrated CareerAhead activities
- Benefit from engagement with University departments and local business and employers in advance of starting your degree.
Choosing a subject pathway allows you to study a selection of modules more closely aligned to your chosen progression degree at the University. You can choose to focus on:
- Health Sciences
- Social & Behavioural Sciences
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Skills for success
At the International Study Centre, we want to prepare you for life beyond university. With this in mind we have built CareerAhead activities into our programmes to help you use your time at the University of Huddersfield productively.
At the International Study Centre
CareerAhead activities will focus on identifying your strengths, and building confidence. With our support, you will develop a range of skills for success, such as teamwork, problem solving and communication. We will also help you to create a personal development plan for your time at university and beyond.
You'll also have the opportunity to build up work experience by taking up part-time employment or a work placement during your studies. Find out more about working rights as part your visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Academic: Good high school graduation grades or equivalent academic study^ (see table below)
English language: SELT (UKVI IELTS or Trinity Test) equivalent to IELTS 4.5 overall (min 4.0 in writing and no lower than 4.0 all other skills)*^^
Age: 17+ (in the September or October of the academic year you wish to start at the International Study Centre). Must turn 18 before the start of your undergraduate degree
- Successful completion of High Secondary Certificate (50%) or SSC (60%). Pass required for 4 or more relevant subjects. 50% minimum required for relevant subjects
- Year 10 (SSC) 65%, Year 11 50% or Year 12 (HSC) 40%
- Successful completion of SMU 2 or SMU 3 with average grade of 6.0 (4 relevant subjects required)
- O-Levels at DDDD in the relevant subjects or NA Level (academic) Average of 2 - 3 in six relevant subjects
- 4 x O-levels
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A