New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support)
Students will gain essential skills in hairdressing and salon operation, to prepare for an apprenticeship or entry position in the hairdressing industry. This programme includes 120 hours of work-based training in a real salon environment.
Course content includes aspects of salon administration such as banking, reconciliation and stock control so students will develop a knowledge of retail hair products and the merchandising and selling skills that are essential in any salon business.
Students will also learn key hairdressing skills such as colouring, styling, and foiling. Classic and contemporary hair design are incorporated into all aspects of the training.
Hamilton City Campus
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Diploma in Beauty Body and Spa Therapies at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- National Diploma in Journalism (Multi-media) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Certificate in Media Arts (Foundation) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Level 5) with strand in Cookery at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)