Bachelor of Agricultural Science
Prepare to shape the future of agriculture and tackle global challenges. Gain the expertise to improve the productivity, competitiveness and sustainability of agricultural practices.
As the world’s population continues to expand, demand is high for agricultural scientists who can find sustainable solutions to the complex challenges of food security, nutritive value and climate change.
In the Bachelor of Agricultural Science, you'll learn from world-class academics with an active research focus and strong industry connections. They’ll teach you to apply and integrate the scientific, technological, managerial, economic and social principles of agriculture to improve livestock and cropping outcomes for small, medium and large-scale farming operations.
You can enhance your skills with a 120-hour industry placement, where you'll build a strong understanding of current and emerging trends in agricultural innovation.
Graduate job-ready with an internationally respected qualification, or undertake an additional year of independent honours research to focus on a specific topic.
- Access some of the best animal and veterinary facilities in the Southern Hemisphere as well as research greenhouses, nursery and more than 1000 hectares of farmlands.
- Learn from highly awarded teachers and gain professional skills through placements or internships, contact with industry representatives, and participating in our Summer Research Program.
- Customise your study to suit your goals with a major in Agronomy, Horticulture or Animal Science.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Animal Science
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Animal technician
- Biosecurity officer
- Research manager
- Animal management officer
- Crop scientist
- Animal health officer
- Plant scientist
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 0100492
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland