Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Internet of Things)
Be part of the Internet of Things (IoT)
On this exciting new course developed in conjunction with the Institute's world class research groups TSSG, ACG, and CTRG, you will learn how to programme the next wave of connected devices, you will explore the software and hardware that is transforming the world, connecting things to create radical new services and products.
Ultimately, you will become a software practitioner who understands mobile, cloud and connected devices and understand how these devices can be designed, interfaced with and operated. TSSG has completed dozens of research projects in IoT, has hundreds of international partners and a fantastic campus at Carriganore. TSSG researchers and the ArcLabs family of startups and spinouts underpin this programme and provide a terrific environment for learning and innovation in this fast moving world.
What is the Internet of Things?
The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to everyday objects, which have the ability to harvest information, the intelligence to process the information, and the connectivity capabilities to communicate the results. IoT enables and facilitates smart cities, smart environment, smart agriculture as well as major improvements in industrial applications, security & emergency operations, health monitoring and home automation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD001 IOT
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology