Bachelor of Health Science (Honours)
Investigate and research a specific area of health science with a one-year Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) degree. Complete the standard pathway or specialize in psychology.
The Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) is aimed at high-achieving graduates of the Bachelor of Health Science. It’s a great way to make your CV stand out and can also serve as a fast track into doctoral study.
Potential honors students will be identified during the third year of their bachelor’s degree. At this point, you'll be encouraged to gain the necessary entry requirements during your study. If you achieve these, you'll be eligible to enter the honors program on completion of your bachelor’s degree.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- Completed the Bachelor of Health Science with a B+ grade average or higher in level 7 papers in the selected subject area for this degree, or equivalent
- Course Code: AK3662
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Health Science in Psychology at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Podiatry) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Nursing) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)