Master of Surgery
The Master of Surgery is a research degree. Candidates undertake a research project under the direct supervision of a member of the academic staff. The work undertaken as part of this research degree must constitute a significant contribution to the knowledge and understanding of a field of study of direct concern to the faculty and must demonstrate the capacity of the candidate to carry out independent research.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Students who have completed the course will demonstrate a thorough understanding of relevant research techniques in their field through a review of the relevant literature. They will demonstrate their ability, under supervision to apply relevant research techniques to their chosen field of study. Students will be able to present high-quality written work suitable for publication in appropriate scholarly journals, and be able to critically evaluate both their own and others' written work in their chosen field.
Surgical research is assuming greater importance in the career development of surgeons of all specialties. Qualified surgeons wanting to expand and enhance their knowledge will benefit from this course.
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
An applicant for admission must:
- have qualified not less than two years previously for the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent at Monash University or another university approved by GRC;
- intend to pursue a career in surgery or have applied for or been accepted into the Surgical Education and Training program of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons or an equivalent surgical training program approved by GRC; or
- hold a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons or equivalent higher surgical qualification as approved by GRC; and
- have been substantially engaged, since qualifying for the degree of Bachelor of Surgery or its equivalent, in the practice and study of surgery or scientific work relevant to the practice of surgery to the satisfaction of GRC.
- Course Code: 049254G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Green Chemistry and Sustainable Technologies at Monash University
- Master of Applied Behaviour Analysis at Monash University
- Master of Nutrition and Dietetics at Monash University
- Master of Food Science and Agribusiness at Monash University
- Master of Cybersecurity at Monash University
- Master of Philosophy at Monash University