A Masters by Research (MScR) programme is ideal if you have a clear idea of the independent research you wish to undertake at masters level. Join our community and undertake two research assignments, and a 15,000 word dissertation, under the guidance of an experienced and well-published supervisor.
Our research expertise covers a wide range of areas, including social, political and cultural perspectives on Russian language, transnational Russian culture, Russian literature, media, film studies, theatre studies and comparative literature.
Our staff have received many prestigious research awards including the AHRC-awarded projects ‘Global Russians: Transnational Russophone Networks in the UK’ (2016-2021) and ‘Reconfiguring the Canon of Twentieth-Century Russian Poetry, 1991-2008’ (2010-2013).
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You should have near-native speaker competence in Russian.
MScR: A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a related subject.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Translation Studies MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Speech and Language Processing MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies (Hispanic Studies) MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Mind, Language and Embodied Cognition MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Linguistics MSc at The University of Edinburgh