Diploma in Culinary Arts
Do you love working with food and want to become a creative professional in this field? The Diploma in Culinary Arts is an advanced professional cookery qualification that covers the theoretical and practical skills to work in a professional culinary environment.
Papers cover the professional cookery concepts and systems essential for managing a professional kitchen. You study in AUT’s outstanding facilities, which are rated among the best in Australasia and resemble a professional culinary arts environment.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Professional chef
- Product development
Your Level 4, 5, or 6 qualifications is acceptable if you:
- completed it after study of 60 weeks or more, or
- gained 2 qualifications that:
- each involved 30 weeks' study, and
- the level of your last qualification was higher than the first.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- Completion of Year 12
- NCEA: 48 levels 2 credits or higher including eight levels 2 credits in any one subject from Classical Studies, Drama, English, Geography, Health Education, History, Art History, Media Studies, Social Studies, Te Reo M?ori, Te Reo Rangatira, Business Studies, Economics, Physical Education
- CIE: 60 points on the UCAS Tariff, including anyone subject similar to the NCEA subjects listed above
- IB: Completion of Year 12
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with successful completion of a minimum of 24 points.
- Cambridge International Examination - a minimum of 120 points on the UCAS Tariff* at A or AS level from any subjects which are broadly equivalent to the subjects in the NCEA approved subject list. Must include at least three subjects (excluding Thinking Skills) with grades D or above. Numeracy: A minimum grade of D in International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) mathematics or any mathematics subject at AS or A level. Literacy: A minimum grade of E in English Language and/or English Literature subject at AS or A level.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) with three A-levels including at least one C grade or better. A result in General Studies cannot be included among the 3 on which the application is based.
- A minimum of CCC scores (7 points) across the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY)
- Acceptance of the NCUK English for Academic Purposes qualification as an alternative to meeting the English-language requirements, with a minimum of a C grade overall and no less than D grade in each component.
- Higher secondary certificate (standard xii), minimum 60%.
- GCE O levels.
- Course Code: AK3714
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A