Bachelor of International Studies with Honours
Students undertake Honours in one of the majors they studied in their undergraduate degree. They can thus specialize in an area of their choices such as Global Politics and Peace; Societies (featuring sociology, development, and religion); or Languages. This offers the opportunity for an in-depth study of topical issues significant to humanity and the future of our planet. Honors comprise coursework and a dissertation on a topic of particular interest to the student. The precise topic is determined in consultation with their supervisor. This degree is flexible and can be studied both on-campus and online.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Bachelor of International Studies with Honours will extend your intellectual range, sharpen your research skills, and allow you to master global politics, societies, or your chosen language and culture if you studied one. A myriad of opportunities awaits graduates, including further study or careers within:
- government, inter-governmental and non-government organizations
- defense forces
- environmental advocacy
- human rights advocacy
- intelligence agencies
- international diplomacy
- international commerce
- overseas development assistance.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
1. Admission to candidature shall be determined by the Head of School on the recommendation of the course coordinator.
2. Except as provided in Rule 3, a candidate for admission to the honors course shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor of International Studies from the University of New England; and
- (b) have attained a minimum grade point average of 5.0 (Credit); and
- (c) have achieved 18 credit points at Distinction level or better in 300-level units in the major in which the candidate wishes to proceed; and
- (d) have passed units to the value of at least 36 credit points in the major in which the candidate wishes to proceed, except that with the approval of the course coordinator, up to 12 credit points of other units may be substituted; and
- (e) have fulfilled any additional requirements prescribed and published by the School or area concerned.
3. With the approval of the Head of School a person who has fulfilled the requirements for an equivalent AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification of a university or other institution and who meets requirements considered by the School to be equivalent to those specified in Rule 2 (b), (c), (d) and (e), may be admitted to the honors course leading to the degree of Bachelor of International Studies with Honours.
- Course Code: 084071A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning at University of New England
- Bachelor of Music with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Music at University of New England
- Bachelor of Media and Communications with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Media and Communications at University of New England
- Bachelor of International Studies at University of New England