Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science
Deakin’s Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science lets you take your science career beyond the lab. Pair specialist science knowledge with a strong foundation in business disciplines and graduate ready to lead, innovate, and disrupt in your chosen field.
Combined skills in science and business can set you up for a lucrative career. Are you ready to take control of your future?
Whether you’re aspiring to a marketing or management role in science, or want to complement your business acumen with evidence-based decision-making skills, this combined course arms you with a unique skill set that makes you stand out from the pack.
Underpinned by real-life work experience, the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science trains you in authentic science and business scenarios that prepare you to hit the ground running once you graduate.
The commerce stream builds a foundation of robust business and personal skills, as well as giving you the freedom to pursue your passions in a range of specialized areas of business, from accounting to marketing.
You’ll graduate with key skills built around three pillars grounded in the everyday realities of business:
- financial planning
- market knowledge
- personal, professional skills.
Led by a team of academics who are experts in their field, our science stream trains you to be a scientific explorer, ready to solve tomorrow’s global issues through science and discovery.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Employment opportunities for Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science graduates exist in just about every area of business, science, and government. Your technical prowess in science and business, combined with sought-after soft skills like leadership and critical thinking, will make you a sought-after candidate in a range of roles including:
- research scientist
- scientific editor
- the environmental manager or consultant
- park ranger
- financial planner
- IT and systems professional
- marketing manager
- human resources manager
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII) 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education with an ATAR of at least 50, and pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 35 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 25 in English other than EAL.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study, equivalent to at least two Deakin University units, at an accredited higher education institution OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including a Foundation Program approved by Faculty Board or relevant work or life experience
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 001806J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University