Bachelor of Cyber Security
Cybercrime is one of the fastest-growing forms of crime. And it knows no borders. Every day across the globe, cyber criminals exploit the speed, convenience and anonymity of the internet to commit a diverse range of criminal activities, including phishing scams, password cracking and ransomware deployment. But while cybercrime is on the rise, more than three million jobs will go unfilled over the next couple of years because of a lack of skilled graduates in cybersecurity.
This degree has been developed in consultation with cybersecurity experts from government and industry. As the most up-to-date degree in cybersecurity in Australia, it will prepare you to be an in-demand cybersecurity professional. You’ll gain the skills needed to harden organisations against cyber threats by building your awareness of the motivations, mindsets, capabilities and skills of cyber criminals; and by developing your expertise in information security and data privacy, offensive security, digital forensics, applied cryptography, secure coding and artificial intelligence.
- This forward-looking degree focuses on fast-growing developments in areas such as privacy, blockchain and artificial intelligence.
- You’ll concentrate on the technical aspects of cyber security, examining topics from applied cryptography, ethical hacking, digital forensics, secure application development, data privacy and information security, and security management.
- You’ll develop your foundational skills in areas such as programming, databases, web technologies, networking and security studies from a socio-political perspective.
- This degree takes a multidisciplinary approach, so you’ll develop a combination of technical, policy and business skills.
- You’ll have access to leading cyber security experts from the Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub.
- In your final year, you’ll undertake an industry-based project to solve a real-world problem with a focus on security.
- Macquarie has close links with public and private sector organisations, leading to internships and graduate opportunities.
- Your learning will be enhanced by our location in Australia’s leading high-tech precinct, which is brimming with collaborative, internship and employment opportunities.
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall graduate employment in information technology (QILT, 2017).
Sydney New South Wales 2109 Australia
- Feb Deadline: Dec
- July Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Macquarie course can set your dream career in motion.
- Chief information security officer
- Chief privacy officer
- Ethical hacker
- Risk analyst
- Security architect
- Security consultant
- Security director
- SOC manager
- Source code auditor
- Vulnerability assessor
- Banks and financial institutions
- Consultancies, eg, EY, KPMG, PwC, Deloitte
- Defence organisations
- Energy and supply companies
- Government agencies
- Information technology companies, eg, Google, IBM, Microsoft
- Media and entertainment companies
- Retail and e-business companies
- Telecommunications companies, eg, Optus, Telstra
- Transport companies
After completion of Bachelor's degree student is eligible for 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For international students, Macquarie uses a selection rank to determine the minimum eligibility requirement for each undergraduate course. This rank has been converted into equivalent scores for various recognised international high school qualifications and university entrance examinations, including global qualifications like the International Baccalaureate (IB) and GCE A-Levels.
RECOMMENDED STUDIES: HSC Mathematics Extension 1 or HSC Mathematics Extension 2 or equivalent plus Information Process and Technology and/or Software Design and Development.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099143M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Landscape Processes for Archaeologists at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Game Design and Development at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Advanced Information Technology at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Software Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechatronic Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechanical Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)