Master of Counselling
Tailor-made for working professionals, this flexible master attracts graduates who are already working in the teaching, counselling, nursing, social work or other related professions and want to become a counsellor or to advance their counselling qualification.
This programme provides opportunities to examine and develop the inter-related components essential to effective counselling practice – theory, research, advanced skills and reflexivity. If you are a teacher, social worker or professional in a related field, this programme will enable you to become a professional counsellor. If you are an experienced counsellor, the Master of Counselling will provide you with an opportunity to advance your skills and research capabilities and gain a highly regarded postgraduate qualification.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme is suitable for experienced and aspiring individuals who are looking to both broaden and advance their careers as counselling professionals.
Jobs related to this programme
- Counsellor in community settings
- Counsellor in government agencies (such as ACC, Corrections Department)
- Counsellor in private practice
- Counsellor in schools, and other secondary and tertiary settings
- Health and welfare services counsellor
- Human resource counsellor
- Not-for-profit agency counsellor
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Social Work (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Master of Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Education Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Education at University of Auckland