Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
Creative…collaborative…future proof. Software engineering.
When you study a Bachelor of Software Engineering at the University of Newcastle your degree will develop your capability to solve global challenges. You may develop software for digital forensics analysis to help fight crime, or work in defence and combat cyber attacks. You could design wearable health management devices or write the software that powers robotically assisted surgery. Or you might create sophisticated apps that support waste minimisation processes.
What is software engineering? Software engineers focus on analysing a client’s needs. You will learn to design the best software architecture solutions, as well as to coordinate the implementation, integration and testing. Through a unique coursework program you will learn to document the results of your research and how to provide long-term maintenance. Software engineering is behind much of the everyday technology we take for granted - from our ipads, computer software and mobile phones through to digital televisions, computer games and online banking.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Software engineers play a vital role in a wide range of industries, as well as in government and commerce. They may work in:
- mining and manufacturing
- banking and finance
- defence and security
- power generation and distribution
- computer games and other entertainment-related industries
Average starting salaries for engineers are great – more than $80,000 per annum.
Software engineering is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- internet and web engineer
- telecommunications engineer
- software development manager
- control systems engineer
- applications software developer
Remarkably, engineering is the most commonly held degree among the highest performing Fortune 500 CEOs – the CEOs of companies such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla Motors are all engineers.
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 021335C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Business at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) / Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours) at University of Newcastle