Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science at UNE is a multidisciplinary program that develops a comprehensive understanding of the scientific and applied aspects of the sport, exercise, and health. The course includes core studies in human structure, function, and behavior before further study on the acute and chronic physiological and psychological responses to exercise.
Analytical, technical, and professional skills are developed in the areas of movement analysis, health and fitness assessment, and exercise training for health and performance. Students complete 140 hours of workplace experience in their final trimester of study to practice these skills. Graduates are recognized for their expertise in the design and implementation of exercise interventions to prevent disease and improve athletic performance.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course allows you to qualify as an Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES) and add value in a variety of exercise and sports science jobs.
Your career options could include:
- cardiac, respiratory or sleep technician in hospitals
- coach or development officer with an institute of sport, sporting team or association
- strength and conditioning specialist working with athletes and sporting teams
- health consultant or educator in schools or government
- corporate health consultant in industrial/mining, employee wellbeing or employment screening
- consultant in aged care facilities.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Mathematics Advanced, Personal Development Health, and Physical Education (PDHPE) and/or any two units of Science.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
Student Declaration/Fitness for Practice Form
All students of the Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science course will be required to complete an electronic Student Declaration form by the due date (end of Trimester 1). Students must read the document carefully and ensure that they fully understand and comply with all compulsory requirements for the relevant component of the program. Students MUST complete the declaration prior to the commencement of their first Placement.
It is the individual student's responsibility to ensure that they are aware of the contents of the declaration, including all associated documents and abides by it at all times when enrolled in the Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science Degree.
Students who are aware of any chronic or acute injuries, illnesses, or other such issues that may affect the safety of themselves or others in the clinical setting will be required to provide a Fitness for Practice Certificate signed by their Medical Practitioner prior to commencement of the placement.
More detailed information regarding each of the specific requirements including TB screening can be found on the ClinConnect website.
Non-compliance with the above requirements will result in students being ineligible for placement. This will result in a fail grade for the attached unit. Compliance with all the above requirements at all times remains the sole responsibility of the student.
First Aid Certificate
All students are required to have a current senior first aid certificate prior to completing the first trimester of candidature. The certificate must be obtained from an accredited (Workcover approved) body at the student's own expense.
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
To attain full membership with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) as an accredited sports scientist, students must complete 140 hours of practicum experience as part of the Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science. Practicum hours are undertaken to consolidate learning and develop competency with professional skills under supervision within the practicum unit EXSC322 during the final year of study. The clinical placement office will assist students in identifying suitable practicum sites/supervisors and facilitate the practicum placement process in compliance with ESSA accreditation requirements.
Regardless of whether you are undertaking a placement within NSW or another State, all enrolled students must have these mandatory requirements prior to commencing placement. These are:
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate, which must remain valid for the duration of the placement.
- Completion of a mandatory NSW Ministry of Health NSW Working with Children Check** (Valid for 5 years from the date of issue).
** Please note that a Working with Children Check and requirements vary from state to state. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct Working with Children Check relevant to the state where you are completing your placement.
- Course Code: 069337E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Nursing at University of New England
- Bachelor of Zoology at University of New England
- Bachelor of Sustainability at University of New England
- Bachelor of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science with Honours at University of New England