Bachelor of Design
Design is a constantly evolving discipline and concerns itself with the improvement of humanity, adding value to our culture and contributing to the economy. We offer four different specializations in Design, so you can build a high level of design expertise in the area that interests you most. You don’t have to choose now though – you’ll do that during or after your first year after you’ve had a chance to explore them all.
- Communication design: Great designers are great storytellers. Become the bold, imaginative communication designer who informs and motivates the world through creative media.
- Industrial design: Innovate, improve, and enhance the products, systems, and services we use every day.
- Spatial design: Combine your creative ideas with design thinking techniques to make dynamic spaces for people to inhabit.
- Collaborative design: Collaborative design combines the best of each design specialization. Apply your multidisciplinary skills across a broad range of applications and media.
Caulfield campus is Monash University's second largest campus, nine kilometres south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Communication design: advertising art director, branding expert, digital animator, graphic designer, information designer, interaction designer, mobile app developer, motion graphics designer, product packaging designer, web/ UX designer.
Industrial design: automotive designer, furniture designer, lighting designer, product and packaging designer, public transport designer.
Spatial design: experience designer, museum and exhibition designer, residential and commercial interior designer, stage/set production designer, visual merchandiser.
Collaborative design: service designer, design strategist, researcher, interdisciplinary designer, social innovator, design entrepreneur, design researcher as well as many careers that haven’t yet been imagined.
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- Course Code: 085345E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Art History and Curating at Monash University
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Music at Monash University
- Bachelor of Media Communication at Monash University
- Bachelor of Global Studies at Monash University
- Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Information Technology at Monash University