Master of Philosophy (Education)
The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree is undertaken as a supervised program of original research.
It is suited to those with some research training and experience, but who do not meet the eligibility criteria for direct entry into the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Research at Western
The depth of research required for a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) is less than that required for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). In some cases, it is possible to use the Master of Philosophy as a pathway to upgrade to a Doctor of Philosophy.
The Master of Philosophy is completed within a minimum period of 1 year full-time and a maximum period of 2 years full-time, or the part-time equivalent.
Students with limited research training or experience are advised to undertake the Master of Research (MRes).
The Bankstown campus is a warm, friendly, multicultural environment with modern, spacious buildings and landscaped gardens. The College at Bankstown houses over 1,000 students and features accommodation, a range of lecture theatres, multi-purpose computer labs and a student common room. The College at Bankstown houses over 1,000 students and features accommodation, a range of lecture theatres, multi-purpose computer labs and a student common room.
Penrith Campus (Kingswood) is conveniently located next to key public transport for the region. Boasting state of the art library, teaching and gym facilities, Penrith Campus is where you can reach your unlimited potential.
Western is a university of the people. That means being where the people are. Campbelltown campus is close to everything that’s great about Western Sydney fantastic cafes and world-class facilities.
Parramatta City Campus (Main Campus)
Our brand new Parramatta City campus is home to state-of-the-art learning facilities and unique study spaces. Gives you access to leaders in industry, community and government.
Parramatta South Campus
Parramatta is rapidly becoming the heart of Sydney’s business, creative and cultural landscape. Western’s Parramatta campus offers cutting-edge facilities and technology.
Hawkesbury campus gives you access to cutting-edge facilities. Allows you to enrich your mind and get your hands dirty. Prepares you to take on the world of tomorrow.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a Master of Philosophy graduate, you will develop skills in critical thinking and presenting an organised and well-supported argument. These skills are important in a wide range of career paths such as:
- Market and consumer research
- Policy analysis, research and development
- Technology research and development
- Public relations and communications
- University teaching or administration
- Yes, In Hawkesbury Campus and Penrith has 3 years, the Rest of all has 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission, you must have previously completed at least one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor (Honours Class 1 or Class 2) degree;
- Master of Research degree;
- Qualifications from a university or other tertiary institution equivalent to the above.
If you do not meet the admission criteria, the approval of prior research experience or other qualifications is at the discretion of the relevant School Dean or Institute Director.
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 050313B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Philosophy (Laws) at Western Sydney University
- Master of Humanitarian and Development Studies at Western Sydney University
- Master of International Criminology at Western Sydney University
- Master of Social Work (Qualifying) at Western Sydney University
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) STEM at Western Sydney University
- Master of Teaching (Birth-5 Years/Birth-12 Years) at Western Sydney University