Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) PhD
The purpose of the PhD in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) is to produce future leaders who are prepared to transform opportunities and outcomes for young children through skilled research, policy development, and innovative practices. This will be accomplished through a program that is both research-intensive and policy- and practice-oriented. The focus will be on using and developing knowledge to address pressing, meaningful problems in the development of young children, especially in underrepresented and underserved populations, including those living in poverty, with disabilities or developmental delays, and from immigrant or refugee groups, within the U.S. and also in low-income countries.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Academic Positions in Tenure-Track and Lecturer Lines
- Researchers in Nonprofit Organizations
- State and Federal Government Staff
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Master's degree in early childhood education or related field preferred; statement of purpose; transcripts; résumé; interview
All UMass Boston applicants are asked to submit a personal essay. It gives you the opportunity to present yourself in a way that grades and test scores cannot. Our admissions counselors use your essay to determine your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself clearly. Your essay may also be used to consider you for the Honors College and/or any scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify.
- Students who are attending or have graduated from a U.S. high school must submit SAT or ACT scores. Submission of TOEFL or IELTS scores is recommended.
- Students seeking full admission to electrical or computer engineering, management, or nursing programs are required to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
- For students who have a recalculated grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and seek full admissions to the College of Liberal Arts or to the College of Science and Mathematics, SAT or ACT scores are optional but must meet the minimum TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS (6.0) scores required.
Bachelor's Degree Equivalency
International applicants must submit evidence that they have completed the equivalent of a regionally accredited, U.S. university-level Bachelor's degree program. Acceptable documents can include official copies of diplomas, certified final degree certificates, and notation on the final transcript of degree and date awarded. Most international 4-year degrees are recognized as being equivalent. Most international 3-year degrees, including the Indian Bachelor of Arts, Sciences, and Commerce degrees, are not considered to be equivalent.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD
- Urban Education, Leadership, and Policy Studies EdD/PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Public Policy, PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Organizations & Social Change Track - PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Higher Education EdD/PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Global Governance and Human Security, PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston