Cyber Security, MSc
The MSc in Cyber Security covers critical modern technology issues from the security and privacy of personal data to cyberterrorism, cybercrime and mobile security.
In this branch of Computer Science at Swansea, a holistic and interdisciplinary approach brings together modules on penetration testing, formal modelling, information security management, cryptography and artificial intelligence.
Our brand new £32.5m Computational Foundry lies at the heart of this course. Sophisticated teaching and research equipment include a Vision and Biometric Lab, a Maker Lab, a Theory Lab, a Cyber Security/Networking Lab, a User Lab and a Visualisation Suite.
The cybersecurity lab enables you to explore the security landscape, undertake experiments in network security, mobile security, and investigate threats in the context of the Internet of Things.
You will complete this course with an informed and alert mindset suitable for a career in cybersecurity.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A 2:2 honours degree (or above) in Computer Science or another relevant discipline.
IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test.
- Bachelor: 60%; or
- CGPA 6.7 (10 point system); or
- CGPA 6 (7 point system); or
- CGPA 3 (4 point system)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A