Master of Professional Engineering (Geospatial Engineering and Surveying)
If you are looking to launch or advance your career in the field of surveying and spatial information, the Master of Professional Engineering (Geospatial Engineering and Surveying) at the University of Newcastle will help you develop management expertise, specialise and deepen your technical skills and be equipped to lead projects and move into more senior roles.
Advance Your Engineering Career: 1-year Accelerated MPE
If you are already a professionally recognised engineer, the 1-year accelerated MPE will allow you to gain a highly relevant postgraduate qualification to help advance your career.
As well as deepening your technical knowledge with advanced courses in your area of specialisation, you will also diversify your skills in an area outside of engineering, such as business, management, entrepreneurship and innovation, health and safety or disaster risk reduction.
Get Professional Recognition in Australia: 2-year Accelerated MPE
If you already have an engineering degree from an overseas university but are seeking professional recognition, this 2-year accelerated MPE will give you an advanced, accredited qualification, preparing you for practice in Australia and around the world.
You will deepen your technical knowledge in your area of specialisation, learn about engineering practice in the Australian context and develop professional skills in project management and complex problem solving.
Make a Career Change to Engineering: 3-year MPE
Are you seeking to make a career change into engineering? If you have a background in a related area, such as science or mathematics, the 3-year MPE provides an opportunity for you to gain a professionally recognised qualification in engineering.
You will build on your fundamental knowledge through foundational engineering courses, gain expert technical knowledge in your area of specialisation, and develop professional practice skills in project management and complex problem solving.
NOTE: The 3-year program is only available in the disciplines of Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Software engineering.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Surveyors and geospatial engineers work on a huge range of tasks in many different environments – industries like land surveying, mining surveying, remote sensing, geodesy and space research, construction, environmental management and transportation. Surveying and geospatial engineering continues to be one of the most in-demand qualifications in the world, with many countries desperate to fill a shortage of professional skills in this field.
A Master of Professional Engineering in Geospatial Engineering and Surveying will open up even more varied career opportunities than you already have, empowering you to take on a leadership role, start your own business or manage major surveying and engineering projects.
- Salaries: As a surveyor or geospatial engineer you’ll be valued and well rewarded. Postgraduate engineers starting salaries average around $115,000p.a*. In 2018*, 92% of our Surveying and Geospatial engineers were employed within four months of graduating, making the University of Newcastle one of the top universities in NSW for graduate employment rates.
- Flexibility: Some surveyors and geospatial engineers work 9-5 in an office, others fly-in-fly-out from a project site. You might prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or managing people and projects.
- 3 Years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor program, or approved equivalent in order to apply for entry.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 092850G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Philosophy (Surveying) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Software Engineering) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Mechanical Engineering) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Information Technology) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Information Systems) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Environmental Engineering) at University of Newcastle