Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons))
Undertake additional practical studies and an honours research project to further develop your skills and knowledge by extending your expertise in Veterinary Technology with an honours year.
Under this program, you'll complete an honours year to complement your studies completed under the Bachelor of Veterinary Technology.
The program will provide you with advanced training in clinical, regulatory, diagnostic or other para-professional streams applicable to veterinary technologists. It'll also develop your research skills to support you through an honours research project which you'll use to further develop your specialist knowledge in a topic of interest to you, such as equine exercise and rehabilitation, veterinary laboratory diagnostics or molecular and quantitative genetics.
The advanced clinical training will involve working in either the UQ Veterinary Teaching Hospital or at an approved external placement. You'll undertake advanced professional training under the guidance of a supervisor, and graduate with advanced skills and knowledge and enhanced employment opportunities or go on to additional postgraduate studies.
- Enhance your employment opportunities through advanced professional training under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Complete advanced clinical training in either UQ's Veterinary Teaching Hospital or at an external placement.
- Build your specialist knowledge with an honours research project in Veterinary Technology.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Veterinary technician
- Veterinary nurse
- Laboratory technician
- Veterinary pathologist
- Biosecurity officer
- Technical manager
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Bachelor of Veterinary Technology or equivalent non-UQ AQF level 7 degree.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 094109J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology at The University of Queensland