International Relations, M.Phil
An MPhil in International Relations at Swansea enables you to undertake a substantial project led by your own passions and interests.
It represents a highly respected qualification which can present a pathway to a career in academia, or widen your scope for employment in fields such as education, government or the private sector.
The MPhil takes two years full-time or four years part-time.
You will submit a thesis of up to 60,000 words, demonstrating original research with a significant contribution to the subject. This is followed by an oral examination of the thesis (a viva voce examination, or viva).
Our dynamic research environment is driven by committed staff who are all active researchers with a diverse range of interests and expertise through our Research Groups:
- Global Drug Policy Observatory (GDPO)
- International Studies, Conflict and Security (ISCAS)
- Political Analysis and Government (PAG)
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You should hold or expect to achieve a minimum of an upper second class honors degree (2:1), or equivalent, in a related subject or hold relevant work experience.
- Bachelor: 60%; or
- CGPA 6.7 (10 point system); or
- CGPA 6 (7 point system); or
- CGPA 3 (4 point system)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A