Master of Digital Media
Shake up the digital media landscape and be at the forefront of this rapidly-moving, global industry with VU's Master of Digital Media. Advance your career options as a digital media professional or learn how to implement innovative digital transformations in your current industry.
VU’s Master of Digital Media is designed for a future-focused professional with an entrepreneurial spirit.
This course, informed by an advisory panel of prominent practitioners from industry and government, offers key insights into the very latest industry practices and processes.
Through our flexible and regularly updated curriculum, you’ll learn the skills to excel in:
- user experience (UX) design
- game production
- search engine optimisation
- content production & strategy
- visualisations of data
- social network & web analytics
- design research.
You’ll also graduate with an impressive portfolio of UX and human-centred design research methodology examples.
Upon completion you’ll be ready to work as a digital media strategist, web designer or cross-media practitioner – making you absolutely indispensable in this global, progressive sector.
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course prepares students for work in a diverse range of fields and could lead to a career in:
- digital media 'all rounder'
- UX (user experience) practitioner
- digital media producer
- digital marketing manager
- e-learning designer
- mobile and web designer
- digital media strategist
- social media strategy and analyst
- cross-media practitioner.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree Completed with a degree classification of Second Division (55%), academic requirements may vary depending on the institution at which the qualification was obtained.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency :
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 19
> Speaking: 19
> Reading: 18
> Writing: 22
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
- Course Code: 083302K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A