Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Honours)
Prepare to shape the future of agriculture. Apply scientific techniques that improve food security, environmental sustainability, and enhance human health.
Agriculture and the environment go hand in hand. Demand is high for skilled agricultural scientists to develop sustainable solutions that protect our natural resources yet meet global demand for food, fibre and biofuels.
The Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Honours) is your opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of agricultural innovation and find solutions to key challenges faced by the industry.
Apply your expertise to an independent research project on a topic of your interest. You’ll be supervised by of one of our world-class academics with strong connections to the agricultural sector.
You’ll acquire skills in research methodologies, leadership, and research communication.
Graduate job-ready with an internationally respected qualification, or continue into a research higher degree.
- Access some of the best animal and veterinary facilities in the Southern Hemisphere as well as research greenhouses, nursery and more than 1000 hectares of farmlands.
- Work under the guidance of a researcher to develop your research capabilities and enhance your critical thinking, data analysis and communication skills.
- Open up pathways to further research opportunities, postgraduate study and exciting career options.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 0101742
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland